Travel with a smart trainer - any advice?
Our guide for travelling with a smart trainer
How to package?
- Original packaging - usually cardboard. This option is the cheapest however the original cardboard is only likely to last 1 or 2 trips. We would also recommend some extra bubble wrap.
- Turbo trainer specific bags. Tacx have developed a troller for the Neo which we think is great but it is pricey at £135 RRP
- Here are Turbo Trainer Trainer Hire we developed some specific bags for various trainers as we needed a packaging solution for our rental business - check out our bags here
- Samsonite suitcase with some extra bubble wrap/foam
Tips for air travel:
- Check in as over sized / sports equipment. If its a wheel on trainer under 15kg then you may get away with checking it into ordinary luggage!
- Dont forgot to take all your tools. You dont want to get all the way there and realise you havent forgotton a tool you need!
- You may wish to consider luggage / travel insurance.
Travelling to a race- should you take a turbo
- Check electric power at the event venue!
- Often Rollers are most popular is pre event warm up
- Is there already a bike / gym at event- perhaps you dont need to take yours?
What about hiring a turbo travel bag?
This is our cool idea - link here to hire
If you are interested in learning more about our turbo trainer bags then get in touch.
The Turbo Trainer Hire Team