Garmin Edge 540 GPS Cycling Computer
Included Out Front Mount. Stem Mount is an add on
Introduce the rider you are today to the one you’ll be tomorrow. The Edge® 540 cycling computer offers targeted adaptive coaching when used with your compatible power meter and heart rate monitor. It helps you manage your efforts by providing personal power targets throughout a course plus stamina insights, so you know how much gas is left in the tank. Get superior positional accuracy under dense tree cover or the urban canyon, thanks to multi-band GNSS technology. It features button controls that work in any conditions. Whether you’re riding roads, trails, gravel or indoor, you can benefit from insights and workouts that will help you understand your strengths and weaknesses and prepare for upcoming races or personal milestones.
Plan: VO2 Max & FTP show where you are now and Athlete / Event Profile show what your event requires.
Prepare: Download a targeted event-based training plan from Garmin Connect and see your Athlete profile change as you train.
Perform: Power Guidance, Climb Pro and Stamina insights help manage your effort during your event.
- Advanced GPS cycling computer with button controls combines superior navigation, planning and performance tracking, cycling awareness and smart connectivity
- Battery life:up to 26 hours in demanding use cases; up to 42 hours in battery saver mode
- View daily suggested workouts and training prompts on screen; based on your event, get personalised coaching that adapts to your current training load and recovery when riding with a compatible power meter and heart rate monitor
- Find your way in the most challenging environments with multi-band GNSS technology that provides enhanced positioning accuracy
- See remaining ascent and grade when climbing so you can gauge your effort with the ClimbPro ascent planner, now available on every ride — no course required; view on your Edge® device and in the Garmin Connect™ app on your smartphone for ride planning
- Classify your strengths as a cyclist, and compare your cycling ability to the demands of a specific course, so you can focus your training and improvement in the right areas, when paired with your compatible power meter and heart rate monitor
- Manage your efforts with the power guide feature, which recommends power targets throughout a course, when paired with your compatible power meter
- Get stamina insights while you ride, so you can keep an eye on how much longer you can really push it, when paired with your compatible power meter and heart rate monitor
- Stay on top of your training programme with prompts to complete missed workouts
- Ride like a local, whatever your bike type, with improved ride type-specific maps that highlight popular roads and trails plus searchable points of interest
- Simplified setup and a streamlined interface make it quick and easy to access the information, courses and tools you need and even adjust data fields right from the Edge® device or from your paired smartphone
- Through the Garmin Connect™ app on your smartphone, pair with your favourite apps and platforms, including Strava, Komoot, TrainingPeaks® and many more
- IN-RIDE POWER COMPATIBLE (POWER MOUNT AND GARMIN CHARGE BATTERY PACK):Yes
- DIMENSION:57.8 x 85.1 x 19.6 mm (2.3″ x 3.4″ x 0.8″)
- COLOUR DISPLAY: Yes
- DISPLAY SIZE:2.6″ (66 mm) diagonal
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION:246 x 322 pixels
- WEIGHT:80.4 g
- WATER RATING:IPX7
- BATTERY TYPE: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- BATTERY LIFE: Up to 26 hours
- BATTERY SAVE MODE: Yes
How it works
- Select your product.
- Select your hire duration.
- Select your hire start date. The hire start date is the date you wish to receive your delivery. (If you would like a date which is blocked out in the booking calendar, then drop us as email with your required delivery date and we will see what we can do.)
- Place your order!
- Once you have placed your order you will receive an email order confirmation.
- We will then arrange a delivery and you will receive delivery tracking details via text and email.
- We will stay in touch throughout your hire period with all return instructions.
Our hire equipment:
- Tools & memberships are NOT included in the hire.
- Our hire equipment is sent out from our serviced and maintained pool of hire equipment.
- All equipment is fully cleaned before being sent out.
- Compatibility – will it fit my bike, car etc? Customers are responsible for checking the hire item will be compatible. However, we do our best to help to work with you on this and so please contact us to discuss if you are not sure on compatibility.
- Please complete the booking info boxes with as much detail as you can as we will review the info you supply to help ensure compatibility.
- We will contact you if we think you require any extra adapters or parts etc .
How do we deliver?
- We deliver using DPD, Royal Mail and other courier services. Once your order has been dispatched you will receive delivery tracking details via text and email.
- The delivery will arrive and include all return instructions.
- Please hold onto the original packaging which we deliver your hire equipment ready for your return.
- Please hold onto any information slips that come in your original box as you will need these for your return.
- For more info about delivery visit our Returns and Delivery page.
What happens after the hire?
When the time comes, here’s what to do after your hire. You have the option to return, extend or purchase the hire item:
Please follow the return instructions sent with your delivery.
2. HIRE EXTENSION
If you would like to keep the item for longer, please book a hire extension through our website Hire Extension Options – Turbo Trainer Hire
You will need to select your hire item and how long you would like your hire extension for. Please ensure you book your hire extension as soon as you can to help us plan our stock availability.
3. PURCHASE ‘the ultimate try before you buy’
We do offer the opportunity to purchase the item you have hired from us with a discount applied (subject to availability). If you are interested in purchasing your hire item , drop us an email to email@example.com with your order number & we will send you a quote.
If you have any questions about how our hire works, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly team will help you.
Try B4 You Buy
Try Before You Buy: Buy it, rather than returning it
We do offer the opportunity to purchase the item you have hired from us with a discount applied (subject to availability).
If you are interested in purchasing your hire item, drop us an email to with your order number & we will send you a quote.